Manitowoc’s product innovation continues, with the latest evolution in its National Crane product line hitting the market: the NBT60XL.
The model combines “strong and long” like never before, bringing the greatest capacity and reach combination ever seen in the 60 USt class — both for boom trucks and truck cranes.
The NBT60XL builds on the success of the NBT60L with additional enhancements to the operator’s experience, overall roadability advantages and of course, a significant load chart increase.
Notable improvements and upgrades include:
• Mounting versatility: Compatible with several standard truck options, expanding layout configuration options for customers on single steer chassis (or twin steer, if preferred)
• Counterweight: hydraulically removeable counterweight configurable in 8 combinations from zero to 16,000 lbs, allowing it to take on much heavier picks
• NTC Package option: adds jobsite flexibility with 4 outrigger positions, optional two-camera system and a fully integrated wireless wind speed indicator
• Unmatched capacity and length: best combination of load chart capacity and boom length on the market in the 60-ton boom truck AND truck crane class
• Superior reach:151 ft five-section full power boom with optional 36 ft offsettable lattice jib for tip height of 196 ft. or 26-45 ft two-piece telescopic jib for platform heights to 204 ft.
• Operator comfort and productivity: 20-degree tiltable cab with Bluetooth/AM/FM radio and speakers, heated seat, color graphical display with real-time diagnostics, electric over hydraulic controls and an optional multi-camera system.
“The NBT60XL is set to take on all competitors in the 60 USt market,” said Bob Ritter, product manager of boom trucks at Manitowoc. “Whether it be a boom truck or truck crane, this machine features the best combination of boom length and load chart capacity with a sturdy operator's feel and plenty of comfortable maneuverability to get to and from any jobsite. Additionally, its commercial truck carrier adds a level of comfort, customization and travel speed not yet available to the truck crane market.”
The NBT60XL is not merely a counterweight upgrade to the NBT60L. To achieve its class-leading capacity and reach, the crane can be fitted to several standard truck options expanding layout configuration options for customers. Adding to the crane’s versatility, the NBT60XL features a hydraulically removeable counterweight configurable from zero to 16,000 lbs, allowing it to take on much heavier picks. When equipped with the National Truck Crane (NTC) package, this machine will feature additional jobsite setup flexibility with four outrigger positions, optional two-camera system for increased jobsite visibility, and a fully integrated wireless wind speed indicator.
“In order to get even more capacity and maintain overall agility, these ‘truck crane’-style counterweights offer many combinations allowing operators to take what is needed for the job and still meet any roading regulations,” Ritter added.
The 151 foot five-section offers a full-power boom based on the NBT60L. This gives the NBT60XL outstanding reach, yet it also remains highly roadable, with the overall vehicle length coming in under 45 ft. When equipped with the optional 36 ft offsetable lattice jib, reach for the crane can be increased to a 196 ft maximum. When equipped with the optional two-piece 26 ft – 45 ft telescopic jib, a platform height of 204 ft is easily achievable.
The NBT60XL comes standard with a host of operator-centric features, such as the deluxe tilting cab with heated seat and a Bluetooth/AM/FM radio and speakers. Additional state-of-the-art features on the NBT60XL include electric over hydraulic controls with a function to adjust the speed, an easy-to-use color graphic display and real-time diagnostics for simplified troubleshooting without the need for a laptop.
The NBT60XL is available for immediate sale!